Senior Director, Agriculture, Resilience, and Water
The Sr. Director for the Agriculture, Resilience and Water Group will be responsible for leading Winrock’s development and implementation of its strategic vision for the agriculture, resilience and water sectors. Demonstrated managerial and technical leadership in projects and proposals in the areas of resilient agriculture, market systems, water systems and/or monitoring and evaluation will enable this individual to secure, manage and articulate impact and learning across the portfolio. The position is also responsible for developing and meeting new program funding targets as well as leading the design and submission of project/program proposals to potential donors, in both government and private sectors.
Develop and direct Winrock’s long-term planning for programs in agriculture, water and resilience.
Provide leadership in identifying, developing, tracking, and securing new program funding for the portfolio.
Assure timely and successful implementation of all Winrock agriculture, resilience and water programs worldwide.
Manage/supervise all Winrock technical and technical support staff working in agriculture, water and resilience in the U.S. and worldwide.
Coordinate with other Winrock units and groups on strategic planning and developing new business opportunities for country specific programs.
Ensure that the projects in this group are performing to agreed financial and implementation metrics.
Supervise global Chiefs of Party for the group.
Represent Winrock International in strategic and program matters related to agriculture, water and resilience.
Manage relationships both internally at Winrock, externally with partners/collaborators, and in the donor community.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
Education: Advanced Degree in relevant field or equivalent experience required. MBA in related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 15 years relevant experience in agriculture, water, resilience and related fields including portfolio management, business planning, proposal management, project administration and staff management in programs financed by the United States government and other donors.
International experience including Chief of Party and working and living in a developing country is preferred.
A proven track record in managing innovative proposal teams, demonstrated ability to secure funds for program work from diverse donors, and in creating and managing public private partnerships; experience in the private sector is highly valued.
• Strong business skills, an understanding of human resource management, business planning, and achieving tangible financial results, are required.
• Strong management skills in order to effectively supervise all unit staff, oversee technical and research activities, and implement global projects/programs.
• Experience and commitment to monitoring, evaluation and learning required.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English and ideally one other language.
• Demonstrated ability to interact effectively and sensitively with a broad cross-section of internal staff and external donors at the senior as well as grass roots level are essential.
• Sound analytical skills, including ability to understand contemporary development concepts, themes and issues and present them clearly and effectively.
• Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
• Demonstrated strong organizational management and networking skills, including management of multiple tasks and conflict resolution.
• Understanding of the importance of gender in development and the ability to include gender analysis in program development.
• Effective “hands-on” user of Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel).
Other: Approximately 30% travel required
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer.
Winrock International is a recognized leader in U.S. and international development, providing solutions to some of the world’s most complex social, agricultural and environmental challenges. Inspired by its namesake Winthrop Rockefeller, Winrock’s mission is to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity and sustain natural resources. Winrock is a nonprofit organization that implements a portfolio of more than 150 agriculture, environment and social development projects in over 40 countries. It has annual revenue of $100 million, employing over 1,000 staff around the world managed from five Winrock offices and dozens of project offices. Winrock combines technical expertise with entrepreneurial innovation to improve lives around the globe.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “Winrock Sr Director”