Senior Organizational Development Specialist
USAID/Lebanon Higher Education Capacity Development Program
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $80 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
IREX seeks qualified Senior Organizational Development Specialist candidates to lead the upcoming USAID-funded Higher Education Capacity Development program in Lebanon. This Activity will focus on identifying Lebanese universities with good potential and strengthening their capacity to deliver relevant workforce development, particularly through capacity development and increasing linkages amongst key actors and stakeholders in the labor market. The Senior Organizational Development Specialist will lead capacity building and institutional strengthening efforts across the program, working closely with key stakeholders in universities and other selected higher education institutions.
This position is contingent on funding.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead institutional capacity assessments and develop capacity development plans in partnership with the higher education institutions and related entities; provide ongoing technical assistance support and mentorship;
• Provide expertise related to organizational capacity development, institutional strengthening and recommend appropriate interventions to overcome entrenched challenges;
• Contribute to the design and deployment of an institutional strengthening and sustainability approach that adequately plans for scaling up, local capacity development, and project sustainability;
• Manage in-country training programs, workshops, public awareness seminars, and roundtables related to higher education policy and systems reform, linkages between higher education and private sector, and labor market alignment and workforce development capacity building;
• Provide expert technical guidance to higher education institutions related to human and institutional development, policy reform, strategic planning, information analysis and decision-making, process improvements, monitoring and evaluation, and human resource management and forecast;
• Support the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist in monitoring program performance and adapting approaches as needed based on lessons learned;
• Provide technical guidance to the Chief of Party, program staff and consultants, and consortium partners to troubleshoot problems related to the project’s technical approach and deliverables;
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required; master’s degree preferred
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience designing and implementing systems strengthening and capacity development activities; experience managing related activities of similar size and scope, preferably in Lebanon or the region;
• Technical expertise in capacity development and/or institutional strengthening and experience guiding large institutions to achieve performance improvement, preferably related to higher education or post-secondary systems;
• Demonstrated knowledge of Organizational Capacity Assessment Tool (OCAT), Participatory Institutional Assessment tool (PIA), and/or Human and Institutional Capacity Development (HICD) framework desired;
• Strong communication skills and ability to build and maintain strong relationships with higher education institutions counterparts;
• Professional level of verbal and written fluency in English and Arabic, French a plus.
Send a cover letter and resume to with "Sr. Organizational Development" in the subject line.