at Integrity Global
Location: Washington, DC or Remote with 25-30% travel
Integrity is an ethical consultancy and service provider working in challenging and complex environments around the globe.
We help our clients succeed in fragile and challenging environments while building trust and understanding as the basis for transformative change. We work across all phases of the programme and project cycle, delivering ten complementary services: programme and project management / monitoring, evaluation and learning / research, evidence and analysis / stakeholder engagement / capability and capacity development / risk management / data and knowledge management / communications / technical assistance / grant and fund management. Our services are underpinned by the principles on which we were founded, a commitment to providing reliable information and evidence, and expert and high-quality delivery. Headquartered in London and Washington DC, Integrity also has offices in Jordan, Kenya, and Pakistan. Our multi-national team of over 80 deliver a diverse and global portfolio of projects for a range of government clients, international organizations, foundations and private sector clients.
Vision: To set the international standard for ethically delivered expert services in complex and challenging contexts.
Mission: We use evidence and learning to provide trusted advice and enable change for a sustainable future.
Commitment: We uphold the highest ethical standards in our service delivery, our employment of staff and our interaction with people. This ensures not only that our clients receive the best possible service but that we benefit the individuals and communities amongst whom we work.
• Courage: We work on many of the world’s most complex problems. We stand against violence in all its forms. We are unafraid to stand up to illegal or unethical practices.
• Objectivity: We challenge conventional thinking. Our recommendations are not based on assumptions or ideology but evidence and learning.
• Diligence: We incorporate our best individual and collective intellect through rigour, reflection, and collaboration.
• Accountability: We take responsibility for the quality of our work and performance. We hold ourselves to account through clear policy and process, sustained by long-term profitability.
• Sensitivity: We understand the impact of our presence and our work, empathize with people’s situations, and commit to do no harm.
ETHICS: Integrity upholds the highest ethical standards in our work, our employment of staff and our interaction with people. Through adherence to our core values, we ensure the best possible service, and benefit the communities amongst whom we work.
We commit to building a diverse and inclusive organization where all feel safe and able to progress, contribute and be heard, regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, marital or parental status.
Further information about Integrity can be found at www.integrityglobal.com.
YOUR PLACE IN THE INTEGRITY TEAM
The Project Manager (PM) will play a varied technical and management role at Integrity, contributing to the design and delivery of Integrity’s services, as
well as supporting team management responsibilities. Our US business is growing rapidly and the PM will play an integral role in this exciting chapter,
helping develop and implement compliant and effective project management systems, processes, and tools. Drawing on project management and other
relevant technical and thematic expertise, they will help win and deliver high quality, commercially viable projects.
The PM role will sit within the Services Team, which leads the design and delivery of our technical work. Responsibilities include: project direction and management, technical delivery, business and proposal development, and wider institutional learning. The PM will work flexibly across Integrity’s different
services and teams and be attracted to a fast-paced working environment. The focus of the PM’s work will depend on current priorities and may include periods that focus more on either project delivery or business winning. They will also work closely with the Business, Corporate and Operations teams.
The PM role will be based from our offices in Arlington, Virginia, with regular project-focused travel, and will report to the Principal Manager, Services. Integrity is open to considering a candidate based outside of the DC area but preference will be given to those who can attend in-person at least five days a month.
SCOPE OF WORK
The PM will be particularly involved in project delivery. Key activities include resource and work planning, budget management, reporting, systems and tool development and team and client management for USAID contracts.
The PM will support the technical design of bids for key US clients, particularly USAID. This includes developing appropriate and innovative approaches and methodologies and writing technical proposals related to key services including MEL, Project Management, Research, Evidence & Analysis, and Data and Knowledge Management as possible. Key thematic areas include fragility and violent conflict; climate security, humanitarian assistance and gender equality and social inclusion.
The PM will also support the consolidation of good practice within the company and take on line- management responsibilities for select more junior staff.
Specific responsibilities include:
A. Project Delivery (90%):
The PM plays a key role in delivering Integrity’s projects, including project direction, management and some technical inputs.
• Support Integrity to deliver its portfolio of projects and relationships on time and to high quality standards through project management and governance roles.
• Ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget, to high levels of quality and in keeping with Integrity’s ethics and ethos.
• Design, tailor and implement project management tools and processes.
• Develop and sustain our reputation for high quality, innovative and client- and community-focused work.
• Lead on project responses to strategic risks and opportunities.
• Balance project and company resource requirements.
• Effectively, empathetically, and diligently manage relationships with clients, consortium partners, team members and stakeholders more broadly.
• Sometimes perform technical advisory and other roles on contracted projects.
B. Technical Design and Business Development (5%):
The PM plays a key role in designing Integrity’s approach to PM and other relevant services and thematics, through supporting proposals, assuring the quality of Integrity’s overall approach and representing Integrity externally.
• Contribute to the development and roll-out of approaches and methodologies, in line with Company Strategy.
• Develop and sustain strong working relationships with key government clients and other relevant accounts.
• Provide writing support and/or constructive quality assurance of technical offers on selected new programs and/or bids.
• Support the growth and/or improvement of our service, thematic and geographic capabilities. In particular, working closely with the Head of Programs and other senior Services staff to improve the PM offer.
• Engage with and influence emerging opportunities and delivery concepts and ensure Integrity’s PM offering is responsive to market requirements.
• Lead and/or contribute to internal and external communications on agreed services, thematics, and geographies
C. Staff Management (5%):
Line manage select junior Integrity staff and develop their careers, contributing to professional advancement, job satisfaction and personnel retention.
YOUR EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE
The PM will have:
2+ years’ experience working in international development or the wider consultancy sector.
Proven expertise in the management of projects or activities for USAID, including managing and implementing projects in accordance with approved budget. Also, including USAID regulations and procedures, and the specifications determined in the SOW.
Proficiency in USAID regulations, FAR and ADS, procurement procedures and contract compliance.
Strong people skills evidenced by client and team management experience, including through Project Manager roles.
Experience of developing and running effective and efficient project management systems.
Intermediate level MS Excel.
It is desirable that PM will also have:
Technical experience in MEL and/or thematic experience in fragility and violent conflict, health, gender & social inclusion. Also, including climate, natural resources and environment, governance, and/or economic development.
Experience working in the international development sector / FCAS environments.
Experience in deploying to challenging operating contexts to start up new MEL platforms or similar programs for USAID.
Experience as an advanced user of relevant project management and other software, including ability to build systems.
Experience of different project management methodologies, and relevant accreditation (e.g. PMP, Agile, Lean).
Experience supporting the pursuit of new business, including competitive bidding.
Written and oral fluency in English, with excellent communication skills including the ability to write clear and compelling narrative.
The PM should also demonstrate the following core competencies.
Level 1: Team competencies
Planning and Organising
Development and Continual Learning
Results Focus and Initiative
Level 2-4: Management competencies
Analytical and Flexible Thinking
Teamwork and Team Leadership
Integrity is a hybrid work employer offering a flexible working model that supports a blend of in-office and working from home time. Each office has its own flexible working model to meet local needs and demands.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and kindly include “Integrity -Project Manager” in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is 6th June 2023. However, we will review candidates on a rolling basis and the vacancy may be filled before this deadline. We encourage early applications. Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Candidates must have the right to work in the USA.
Integrity is an equal opportunities employer. And positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We will respect your confidentiality and abide by US data protection laws.